A Business Owners Crash Course in CyberSecurity – What you absolutely MUST know to protect your business from Ransomware, Viruses, Data Breaches and whatever else the bad guys are working on today.
Have you read the recent headlines about major Hospitals, large Corporations and even Police Departments that have become victims of Ransomware and wondered if your business is going to be the next to suffer one of these costly attacks? Perhaps you don’t really understand what all the fuss is about, and hope that your business is just too small to be a target? Let me tell you, it’s not and in fact, small businesses are victims much more often than large ones, but they just don’t make it into the headlines.
Applied Integration has put together a timely, informative seminar that breaks Ransomware, Viruses, Malware and Data Breaches down into clear, jargon free terms that will help you understand exactly what is going on and how it can affect your business.
Topics We’ll Cover:
- The basic security and backup components you MUST have in place to provide your business at least a minimum defense.
- The basic education you can take back to your employees immediately to substantially reduce the odds of an infection.
- The real value of your data and systems when looked at from a bad guys’ perspective and be prepared to be surprised at how your “small” business has “big” value to online organized crime.
About the presenter:
Don Cockayne, President of Applied Integration has spent over 25 years serving the IT needs of Lumber and Building Material Retailers across the nation. Since starting Applied Integration over 10 years ago, he has specialized in advanced IT Management in this vertical market.
We need your help to determine if there is enough interest in a session like this before we reserve the space. Please fill out the form below!
We need your help to determine if there is enough interest in a session like this before we reserve the space.
Please fill out the form below if you’re interested.
We define Integrity as the underlying personal commitment to hold ourselves to the highest standard of honesty, truthfulness and to doing those things that are mutually beneficial to everyone involved. We will do the most honest, correct thing at all times, whether anyone is watching or not. We will seek to achieve the trust of those around us and will value and protect that trust.
We define Accountability as the commitment to take full personal responsibility for our actions and – when they happen – for our mistakes. We believe that our Co-workers and Customers should expect us to commit to a course of action and then to take responsibility for following through on that course. We hold ourselves responsible for our conduct and for knowing and doing what is expected from us. We will understand the work duties that are assigned to us, and then complete those duties to the best of our ability. We will graciously accept recognition for a job well done and honestly accept constructive criticism when we fall short of expectations or make a mistake.
We will conduct ourselves in a Professional manner in all of our dealings with Co-Workers and Customers. We will present ourselves as professionals in our attire, our attitude and in our written and verbal communication. We will strive to maintain a calm demeanor, especially at those times where the stress of the situation is the highest. We will always remember that our Customers are professional businesses who are inviting us into their place of business and will respect that invitation and always ensure that we will deserve a return invitation.
Beginning with an understanding that each hour of each day is precious and fleeting, we will always strive to make the most effective use of our time every day. We will do the most important thing first, and complete that task to the best of our abilities. We will always strive to eliminate procrastination and will work fast. We will be punctual at all times and plan ahead so that we arrive on time for work, meetings, appointments and other tasks. We will focus our efforts on work related duties while at work and leave the majority of our personal items to be completed and managed outside of our business hours.
We will constantly strive to be both skillful and properly educated so that we can competently conduct the work duties assigned to us. We will understand that the profession we have chosen is one that requires an ongoing commitment to the growth of personal skills, and we will aggressively seek out and take advantage of opportunities to facilitate that growth. We will always strive to perform our work to the highest standards, with complete follow through and rejection of short-cuts or half measures.
We will always treat those we interact with in a respectful manner, and we will expect to be treated respectfully in return. We will understand and recognize the skills and talents of those around us, and listen openly and objectively to the input of others. When we find ourselves in a situation where we disagree, we will commit to conducting ourselves in a respectful manner while we work through the disagreement. At no point will we allow ourselves to personally attack, verbally or otherwise, those around us.
With a track record of over 25 years in the industry, most of those years spent directly servicing the Lumber and Building Materials Retailer marker, Don has a deep knowledge and understanding of what it takes to keep systems healthy. With strong attention to detail and a logical, troubleshooting mind, Don has put together an organization that excels at keeping complex systems running well, and solving problems quickly when things do experience a problem.
The Top 10 Reasons Why You’ll Want To Join the Many Lumberyards, Hardware Stores and other Building Material Retailers Who Have Outsourced Their IT Support To Us:
1. Industry Experience – In over 25 years that we’ve been working in this market, we have become intimately familiar with the major software packages designed for your business such as Spruceware.NET©, Rock Solid©, BisTrack© and others. We understand the unique system requirements of each of these systems, and we know how to optimize their performance and stability.
2. Accountability – We understand that IT Infrastructure is made up of a combination of stable hardware and properly operating software, so we ask clients to call us first if there’s ever any question about what the issue is. By letting us figure out if it’s the software or the hardware that is causing the problem, we dramatically reduce the time required to solve the problem. We’ll even contact the Software Vendor directly if it turns out that we need their help, so you never feel like you are caught between two companies that are pointing fingers at each other.
3. Full Coverage – When you rely on your primary software vendor as a single source of support, they simply have no way to identify and manage the data on your network that resides outside their system. We understand that alongside your Point of Sale System you have Estimators, Window and Door Specialists, Truss Designers and other specialized users who are creating high value data outside the Point of Sale system, and we make sure that those users and that data are included in the overall Security and Data Backup structure.
4. Responsive Service – Every call to our office is answered live by our Support Dispatcher. We know you’re busy and have made a sincere commitment to making sure your computer problems get fixed FAST so whenever possible, you will be transferred directly to a Technician on your first call. If we can’t get you a Technician on that call, we’ll get back to you within no more than 1 hour. And since most repairs can be done remotely using our secure management tools, you don’t have to wait around for a technician to show up onsite before any work begins.
5. Cloud Solutions – With the maturing of connectivity and virtualization services over the years, we’ve now reached the point where the most cost effective solution for many small businesses is one that does not include owning and depreciating expensive servers every 3 to 5 years. Our Cloud Solutions can get you out of the business of owning this expensive hardware and trying to keep it clean and cool in your “less than ideal” environment. We can provide the right sized system today, and grow that solution when necessary without forcing you to plan for it on day one.
6. No Geek-Speak – We understand that while our profession is extremely technical, our communication style doesn’t need to be. We’ll avoid the technical jargon or complex terms and we’ll never talk down to you or your staff.
7. Satisfaction Guaranteed – Our thorough, thoughtful approach to IT Service and Management is nearly always successful in delivering the solution that is right the first time, but on that rare occasion when something doesn’t go entirely to plan, we guarantee that we’ll do whatever it takes to make things right, without ever asking for additional charges. If we don’t do it exactly right the first time, we’ll do it extra right the second time and never ask you to pay more.
8. Project Management – When it’s time for a major system overhaul, a building remodel or some other type of Project, we provide robust, well communicated project management and we don’t leave anything to chance. We’ll manage all the Vendor relationships so you don’t have to worry about keeping everyone on track.
9. Peace Of Mind – Our primary goal with our comprehensive monitoring, proactive management and “best practices” processes are all designed to let you sleep well at night knowing that your entire infrastructure is being monitored, protected and maintained by a highly trained team of professionals. We want you focused on the growth and success of your business, not on worrying about whether or not the network is going to be stable.
10. National Coverage – Since the first day we started to operate, the bulk of our clients were located outside our local area, so every aspect of our business is geared towards effectively serving clients across the nation. With powerful remote management tools at our disposal our Technicians have very few limitations in what they can do to assist with problems or to perform routine maintenance. With customers from Alaska to Florida, we’re prepared to prove we can manage your system no matter where your business is physically located.
Not Ready To Call Us Yet?
FREE Executive Report: IT BUYERS GUIDE What Every Business Owner MUST Know About IT Support Services and Fees
That’s okay if you’re not ready to call – we really don’t mind. But what we do care about is small and medium-sized businesses not making the most of their existing technology and getting the most out of their company. If you’re having IT problems but you’re not quite at the stage where you need to give us a call, our free report should put you on the right track of knowing what you should be paying for IT service.
Read this guide and you’ll discover:
- The 3 most common ways IT services companies charge for their services, and the pros and cons of each approach.
- A common billing model that puts ALL THE RISK on you, the customer, when buying IT services; you’ll learn what it is and why you need to avoid agreeing to it.
- Exclusions, hidden fees and other “gotcha” clauses IT companies put in their contracts that you DON’T want to agree to.
- How to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting to avoid disappointment, frustration and added costs later on that you didn’t anticipate.
- 21 revealing questions to ask your IT support firm BEFORE giving them access to your computer network, e‐mail and data.